Lesley Abel BSc (Hons), SLPT, MRCSLT, HCPC, MASLTIP
Phone: 07939 630958
I achieved my degree in Speech and Language Pathology and Therapeutics in 1989 and specialised in paediatrics immediately. I have worked with a broad range of paediatric communication disorders across two separate NHS Trusts. I have worked privately for 17 years.
About the children I see
- I work with both pre-school and primary aged children.
- I work with a wide range of speech, language and communication difficulties but I have a particular interest in working with children with specific speech and language disorders and with children who stammer.
- I am qualified to deliver The Lidcombe Program of Early Stuttering Intervention. I am also trained in the Palin PCI approach for early childhood stammering.
About my work
I cover areas of South West and Central Birmingham and can offer appointments in your home, in your child's school or nursery, and in certain circumstances online. I can offer a one-off assessment and advice appointment, one-to-one therapy sessions, and advice and training for nurseries and schools.
- Royal College of Speech and LanguageTherapists
- Health & Care Professionals Council
- The Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice.
As a professional working with children and vulnerable people, I am able to provide evidence of a recent Criminal Records Bureau check.